FMT LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION aka “Certified Rocktape Doc”
This course will introduce the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via functional taping methods. We will cover the most common applications and theory for kinesiology taping applications for rehab, edema, neurological conditions and posture. Movement assessments for Fascial Movement Taping patterns will be introduced along with Power Taping concepts for sports performance. This clinic is designed to assist PTs, DCs, MDs, ATCs and massage therapists in learning how to functionally tape to improve rehabilitation, movement, posture, pregnancy and sports performance.
This certification ranges in time from 4 to 8 hrs, depending on the hosting association. All class supplies are provided, wear loose clothing.
EDUCATION OBJECTIVES FMT LEVEL 1:
- Introduce longitudinal muscle chain approach to elastic therapeutic taping model – Fascial Movement Taping.
- Understand Physiological effects of kinesiology taping.
- Master functional taping and understand it’s role and use for the applications of Rehab, Edema, Neurological, Postural and Pregnancy taping methods.
- Introduce myofascial sequencing model of “taping movements, not muscles”.
FMT LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATION aka “Advanced Rocktape Doc”
The concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via functional taping methods will be emphasized in this course. In this intensive hands-on course you master the skill of movement assessment for both rehabilitation and sports performance, apply myofasical pathway taping techniques and reassess to evaluate changes in movement patterns. We will cover myofascial slings as they relate to taping, how to assess movement patterns in order to distinguish which sling to address, and how to apply the tape in a functional manner. In addition, we will discuss the manipulative techniques recommended to address joint fixation along these myofascial pathways. All class supplies are provided, wear loose clothing (shorts will be needed). Prerequisite: completion of FMT Level 1 course.
EDUCATION OBJECTIVES FMT LEVEL 2:
- Introduce myofascial sequencing model.
- Demonstrate movement assessment methods to identify faulty motor patterns.
- Master functional taping application for Performance Chains (including pregnancy spiral line).
- Sport Specific Taping – Improving sport movement patterns via kinesiology taping (Power Taping Method).
2013 FMT CERTIFICATION DATES & LOCATIONS
- November 3, 4
- Chicago, IL
- Coming Soon